So what is it about Mexicoleaks that was so objectionable to MVS Noticias? The site, created by six news organizations, offers a platform for ordinary citizens to help expose official corruption to the media. The tipsters can remain anonymous, which allows citizens to provide information freely. This is how the process works. Here is an introductory video that the organization posted on its Web site.
Mexicoleaks has opened a Twitter account to make the site known to media savvy Mexicans.
Here are a couple of introductory Teeets.
Usamos seguridad @GlobaLeaks un programa de código abierto para enviar y recibir información de forma segura pic.twitter.com/gosn1IiIgp
— Méxicoleaks (@Mexleaks) March 26, 2015
¿Tienes acceso a información q demuestra corrupción? Fíltrala con la seguridad de que será completamente anónimo. pic.twitter.com/baGErgzp9zThere is no doubt that Mexican citizens are better off by having the Mexicoleaks option. Elected and appointed officials are now going to have to think twice before taking that bribe or doing that favor for a donor.
— Méxicoleaks (@Mexleaks) March 25, 2015
Also in LADB on March 25-27
- Government Announces Plan to Save Endangered Porpoise in Gulf of Baja California
- Nicaragua Looks to Russia in Bid to Add Military Muscle
- Farmers and Entrepreneurs Bet on Huge Profits in New Era of U.S. and Cuban Relations
- Peruvian Demonstrators Take On Trash Television
- President Barack Obama Confronts Venezuela on Eve of Latin American Meeting
Follow us on Twitter @LADBatUNM
(Subscription required to read full LADB articles. Click here for subscription information)